Monday 15 July 2013

Lighthouses for Logo

An idea to add the silhouette of a lighthouse developed when I was messing about with the name & logo, as this may form a pivotal location/role within the game. The lighthouse is a masculine & strong image, & is linked to the ocean & it appeared in one of my doodles. However, initially I am looking for images to help me create a silhouette only, to form part of the logo; the game will have 'lighthouses' that the player has to find, & use as a tool to attract their catch by decorating & filling with 'gadgets', ie boys-toys rooms, as their 'catch' will be housed here! They can add items by collecting/finding/winning/buying items.

I have some images of lighthouses but as these are taken with my mobile phone, & mainly distant shots & thus not that sharp.

My image taken with a Nokia mobile phone; settings for sepia
My own image taken with a Nokia mobile camera; it appeared like a comet from outer space had landed on the shore, the lighthouse in the background, although far off in the distant horizon, offered a sense of scale.
My own image taken with a Nokia mobile phone. The lone wandering man on the deserted beach shore, dwarfed by the strength of the proud standing-tall lighthouse, all marries under a dreary blowing sky, set in 'sepia'.


A favourite of mine, taken with a Nokia mobile phone, & un-edited as yet.
Frocked de la Vallière
Ste's Lighthouse; my image taken with HTC mobile phone
This may not be a real lighthouse, but gives the outline shape with some detail too.

For images for inspiration, & also to view first-hand, I need to take some trips to view some lighthouses to take photographs with my camera. I can also use for textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment