Tuesday 30 July 2013

Zynga Poker

Playing Facebook Games

This article reminded me to add my notes on my online playing of games: Two more games execs quit Zynga | GamesIndustry International

I play Zynga Poker & have reviewed the methods & attractions of playing Poker online; holding 2 accounts has helped me review the game by trying various options/actions to see how the rules work, & playing at the same table on different browsers. I was surprised that there were differences in the layout/UI; ie notification that a friend is online/playing was in a totally different area of the page in Chrome than in Firefox. I also noted the emotional/psychological effect, ie desire to win more when you have won, obtain 'gifts' from other players, find items to win 'collections' & 'awards' etc, & the feeling when you have won $$$$millions & then lost it all; virtual dollars of course! This however, is, I am sure, how players start to actually 'buy' chips & gifts with real money, & some will become hooked, racking up huge debts I am sure, unless they have limits built in to curtail this; Zynga are a profit-making company after all. I have also tried a selection of other Facebook online games but the loyalty & desire to play was not generated; some due to the tasks/play being too easy & non-mind using, others as they seemed too slow/cumbersome & inability to move on with the game at a quicker pace; ie FishingVegas Slots, & the addictive Candy Crush & not as (for me anyway) 'Ville ranges. However, other Facebook games do use the brain, & can be played with your friends, such as Criminal Case where a crime scene needs investigated & has various options of play, & wordy games like Words With Friends & Scrabble. Zynga & Facebook have too many to choose from, but days & weeks could be whiled away playing these simple entertainment games online, filling in time or procrastinating & imbuing a desire to be rewarded!

No comments:

Post a Comment