Monday 24 June 2013

Neg2: The Drawings of Edward Burne-Jones: Lady Lever Art Gallery


I visit this gallery at times, have a coffee & a peruse. This exhibit will make a good excuse to treat my Mom to a coffee & cake, & a peruse of some artwork, allowing me to do my study at the same time!

As there is only 1 image on the news feature, I followed up with a Google search & came up with numerous, & varied, images, from simple explorative sketches to large paintings - some of which I have actually seen in the flesh, so to speak.

This image stood out straight away, with its dark metal blue of the sea, curved yet strong lines of the creature & naked female form, against the backdrop of ocean rocks. These are reminiscent of the colours, & a certain style, that I am reviewing, to use for the logo for my Neg 2: Mermaid game.

Edward Burne-Jones: Perseus
Edward Burne-Jones: The Kissed Mouth
Again, the metal-sea-blue colours, & the woman at sea drew me to this

There are other images I am looking at, but a good selection are on the Tate website, especially sketches & I also found a good selection of more painterly images on this blog, with a concise synopsis: Blog on: Edward Burne-Jones.

flaming

5825_o_edward_burne_jones




No comments:

Post a Comment