Monday 24 June 2013

Neg2: Life drawings & photo's

I am trying to draw the female & male naked form for the Mermaid game logo, & as it has been a while I have been researching life drawings of various artists & friends, & have collated photographic images on my Pinterest.

I have searched for famous artists nude sketches & have come up with various artists, but not quite what my style is. This site have some beautiful, & probably well known works, but not the style to inspire me for this project: Top 20 Beautiful Female Nude Works.
One of my artist friends replied to my message of help, with: "Unfortunately I don't really have any nudes - if you go onto my facebook page, then in one of my 'Likes' - people I have liked - then there is an artist on there called Allan MkGowen I think - (something like that anyway) he does some excellent nudes. I'll see if I can think of anybody else.... What about Rodin's The Kiss? Egon Scheile, Klimt, Marlene Dumas (contemporary), Cecily Brown (contemporary) Lucien Freud." I had already looked at Klimt & some others, but the websites I was on would not allow a right-click to copy the image; respecting copyrights, I did not copy the screen/screen-print. The artist that my friend was talking about, whom I found after some retyping of his name with different spellings, is Alan McGowan, & looking at his website saw he offers anatomy classes & has a Facebook page. He has a very 'painterly' approach, I find quite contemporary mixed with traditional, but again not the style I am looking for.
Alan McGowan
 
Alan McGowan

  
Following an article I was reading about an exhibition locally, see other Blog listing, I found this nude sketch, which is more of what I was looking for:

Sir Edward Coley Burne-Jones, Bt, ‘Andromeda’ date not known
The simple sketch, yet depth & beauty are portrayed

I am looking for more artists sketches, one in particular but his name evades me.....


Below are photo images that have inspired, I admire, or that I can view for aesthetic reference:


A selection of inspirational images that I have posted onto my Board: Bodies on my Pinterest account. Unfortunately, as I have found to be the norm whilst sharing images via Facebook & Pinterest, crediting the image can prove nye on impossible:

The arch of the back to the butt, & shoulders, biceps, chest..torso

Arms, curve of back & chest
Curves & arch of back, & the skin tones



The biceps, shoulders, pecs; perfectly curved

The curve & line nearly adheres to how I want the mermaid to form one side of the letter 'M' & heart on my mermaid game logo. I may Photoshop, or parts of, this image to incorporate into the logo.
Copyright Dave Jones

Again, the curve of the female form - although far more flexible & graceful here on the dancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment