Friday 14 June 2013

Social Media Dimensions Cheat Sheet | Social Media Today

After my meeting at University this week, I am far more focused, & reminding myself that I demand an exceptional portfolio to show potential employers at the end of my degree; my initial objective!

Looking at various roles/careers in the Games industry, GUI stood out as 1 of the roles suited to my skills & creative experience; Blitz Games Studios Academy. Other roles were eliminated post perusing & analysing, which has also been beneficial in focusing my focus!

I followed a link via Facebook: Social Media Dimensions Cheat Sheet Infographic, & the information on Facebook layouts in this article will prove extremely useful in allowing me to understand, & design, successful layouts for online games that my be linked to the main social media players, ie Facebook/Twitter. Whilst also keeping me up-to-date with today's trends & what has been tested extensively & works....it also refreshes my knowledge. I was extremely hands-on when it came to the design of the UI of my own business website; designing & creating all my own marketing literature, including online brochures/e-mails/newsletters/promotions etc. Thus, I have relevant prior knowledge & practice to build upon.


Did you know that if you want your display picture on Facebook to show up exactly as you see it as a file on your computer, you have to upload a 180 pixel by 180 pixel copy of it to Facebook?
The cover photo, on the other hand, displays at 851 pixels by 315 pixels.
Or did you know that the border surrounding the profile photo on Facebook is 5 pixels, the gap from the left side of the cover photo to the profile photo is 23 pixels and that the gap between the top of the cover photo and the top of the profile photo is 210 pixels?
These are just a few samples of what you will learn in what could be the most thorough social media dimensions cheat sheet ever, brought to us by tentsocial.
Learn more about the exact dimensions of media on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube in the infographic below.
Social media, dimensions, cheat sheet, infographic,

No comments:

Post a Comment